alright… ive watched 15 minutes of tv tonight (plus re setting up some of our recordings) and already have a couple things i dont like…
1. Guide doesn’t have a button that allows me to jump a date – if im looking at 8pm today and want to jump to Thursday at 8pm I have to scroll to the right until i get there… it does jump 4 hour increments when it sees you are holding it down but still… not as fast.
2. there is no longer a x4 option when fast forwarding commercials… only up to x3. those seconds add up since i’m always fast forwarding commercials.
3. i got good at pressing play when it’s time to stop fast forwarding and start watching, now the stupid thing auto rewinds like 3 seconds to correct people who don’t press it fast enough. that’s stupid.
4. dvr playback is no longer on channel 950… so now instead of just hitting back, i gotta pull up the list, scroll to reselect show and then resume watching… i havent checked yet, but playback better STILL work with picture in picture.
5. when fast forwarding a playback, then pressing play, it all of a sudden jumped to the end of the recording… i’m hoping this is just an issue with a recording that occured before the software update and won’t affect future recordings… but damn… i just rewound 24 halfway 4 times until the only thing that worked was.. rewind x3 speed, followed by fastforward x1 speed, then play… and that caused it to not skip to the end… (update.. that solution fail again… so this time i pressed stop and then pressed resume play to get it to stop and play where we want it to play from…..) this is a messed up error and if it occurs tomorrow when sara watches lost and we know its a new recording with this fancy software then TW is getting an angry call
so, perhaps there is a button for #1 and i cant find it.. i tried a lot of different things, maybe there’s setting somewhere so i can tweak #3, doubt it… i’m probably stuck with #2 and #4… and hopefully #5 is just cause of it being an old recording… but damn, annoying.