NY Capital 2011 Spring Final Regular Season Standings
Playoffs start today!
Our team, Capital Punishment has had an up and mostly down season. We are feeling good about our chances in our opening round game tonight though! We beat them the first game of the season. Who knows. It’s another fun season and we’re all looking forward to starting fresh in the Summer League!
alright… ive watched 15 minutes of tv tonight (plus re setting up some of our recordings) and already have a couple things i dont like…
1. Guide doesn’t have a button that allows me to jump a date – if im looking at 8pm today and want to jump to Thursday at 8pm I have to scroll to the right until i get there… it does jump 4 hour increments when it sees you are holding it down but still… not as fast.
2. there is no longer a x4 option when fast forwarding commercials… only up to x3. those seconds add up since i’m always fast forwarding commercials.
3. i got good at pressing play when it’s time to stop fast forwarding and start watching, now the stupid thing auto rewinds like 3 seconds to correct people who don’t press it fast enough. that’s stupid.
4. dvr playback is no longer on channel 950… so now instead of just hitting back, i gotta pull up the list, scroll to reselect show and then resume watching… i havent checked yet, but playback better STILL work with picture in picture.
5. when fast forwarding a playback, then pressing play, it all of a sudden jumped to the end of the recording… i’m hoping this is just an issue with a recording that occured before the software update and won’t affect future recordings… but damn… i just rewound 24 halfway 4 times until the only thing that worked was.. rewind x3 speed, followed by fastforward x1 speed, then play… and that caused it to not skip to the end… (update.. that solution fail again… so this time i pressed stop and then pressed resume play to get it to stop and play where we want it to play from…..) this is a messed up error and if it occurs tomorrow when sara watches lost and we know its a new recording with this fancy software then TW is getting an angry call
so, perhaps there is a button for #1 and i cant find it.. i tried a lot of different things, maybe there’s setting somewhere so i can tweak #3, doubt it… i’m probably stuck with #2 and #4… and hopefully #5 is just cause of it being an old recording… but damn, annoying.
I recorded 85% of the Jimkata show the other night and here are my vids. The only song I didn’t get was ‘Devil in the Details’… Otherwise, enjoy my mostly decent vids with my sometimes not so steady hand. No tripod was used in the recording of said videos…
Here’s a playlist that will play all the videos in order…
Was a pretty decent time. The sound stunk from the side though. I’ve got a few clips from the side so if/when I thought/toss those up you’ll see what I mean. A totally mixed crowd. Lots of young people. A few older people. Everywhere but the crowded spot in front of the stage, where I was, people were sitting in chairs. What’s up with that? All that talk about the heightened cop presence and “testing” your drink with an alcohol sniffer amounted to jack nothing from what I could tell. Then again, I wasn’t drinking or near any areas where people were getting out of control. It was packed. I’m thinking that the rest of the Alive at Fives won’t be nearly as crowded as that one. It was the first one of the summer and probably the biggest name on the list. Who knows, we’ll see.
Recycling had never been this much fun. We managed to rid ourselves of an old huge tv and an old computer monitor. And they even took it out of the car for us! And it was free! Sweet. We couldn’t believe how many other people went to this. It was completely organized. Traffic flowed in and out thru about 6 different lines. The whole process didn’t take long at all and we were glad to finally get rid of those two things.
Not much going on. I think the stupid twitter site has killed a lot of my intention to write blogs these days as many of my quick thoughts are just punched out onto that site and never make it here. But then again, not every quick thought needs to have its own entry when it can be punched thru in 140 characters or less. The past week I’ve laid off the tweets a bit which I think is a good thing. No need to tweet everything. Etc. So add that with the fact that 90% of my twobs.com activity occurs on our message board, the blog is left with a very undeserving 10% of input.
Other than that the big story in Albany right now is the filming of a car chase scene for the movie Salt. We can sorta see a lot of what they are doing from our office windows on the 15th floor downtown, but it’s not like we can really tell what’s going on. It was funny earlier to look out and see a whole roll of cars getting ready for whatever, see them all start to move and then a minute later, see them all reverse back to where they started. Sure, I get it, you NYC or Hollywood folk see this type of stuff all the time, but this stuff doesn’t happen all the time in Albany, NY… so it’s a big story today.
Other than that not much really going on this weekend. Electronics Recycling Day tomorrow, hope to get rid of an old TV and old computer monitor, maybe some other junk too. Suppose I’ll dip into some NFL Draft here and there as well as some playoff NBA action. Not much else going on. It is what it is.