the design of the new iPhone4 is sick…
check it out.
the design of the new iPhone4 is sick…
check it out.
alright… ive watched 15 minutes of tv tonight (plus re setting up some of our recordings) and already have a couple things i dont like…
1. Guide doesn’t have a button that allows me to jump a date – if im looking at 8pm today and want to jump to Thursday at 8pm I have to scroll to the right until i get there… it does jump 4 hour increments when it sees you are holding it down but still… not as fast.
2. there is no longer a x4 option when fast forwarding commercials… only up to x3. those seconds add up since i’m always fast forwarding commercials.
3. i got good at pressing play when it’s time to stop fast forwarding and start watching, now the stupid thing auto rewinds like 3 seconds to correct people who don’t press it fast enough. that’s stupid.
4. dvr playback is no longer on channel 950… so now instead of just hitting back, i gotta pull up the list, scroll to reselect show and then resume watching… i havent checked yet, but playback better STILL work with picture in picture.
5. when fast forwarding a playback, then pressing play, it all of a sudden jumped to the end of the recording… i’m hoping this is just an issue with a recording that occured before the software update and won’t affect future recordings… but damn… i just rewound 24 halfway 4 times until the only thing that worked was.. rewind x3 speed, followed by fastforward x1 speed, then play… and that caused it to not skip to the end… (update.. that solution fail again… so this time i pressed stop and then pressed resume play to get it to stop and play where we want it to play from…..) this is a messed up error and if it occurs tomorrow when sara watches lost and we know its a new recording with this fancy software then TW is getting an angry call
so, perhaps there is a button for #1 and i cant find it.. i tried a lot of different things, maybe there’s setting somewhere so i can tweak #3, doubt it… i’m probably stuck with #2 and #4… and hopefully #5 is just cause of it being an old recording… but damn, annoying.
before Windows 3.1 we used a more or less shortcut program called Power Menu to allow you to quickly pull up games and stuff like that… this post is just an ode to it, cause Power Menu, you’re missed. (not really)
the first thing i will do immediately after turning off the “Start Navigation” sound will be to say hello to you on my blog here. me likely very muchy so far… nice and fast. now its time to see what else it can do!
I consider myself a very live/easy to get a hold of person. However, this has caused some friends to try and reach me the 5 or 6 different ways. Some with varying degrees of success. So I came up with this handy list which should help you contact me with quick results. Jeez, I forgot to mention posting comments to this blog. That’s done fallen off.
best/fastest way to get a hold of me from 9-5
1. txt message to phone
2. email to work address
3. pm/post on the iiwii
4. post to my facebook wall/inbox
5. @reply on twitter
6. email to gmail.
best/fastest way to get a hold of me from 5-9
1. knock on my door.
2. if phone isn’t silent or not near me, txt of phone call to phone
3. email to my gmail
4. pm/post on the iiwii
5. post to my facebook wall/inbox
6. @reply on twitter
Computer develops a brain for checkers
July 21, 2007
IT TOOK 18 years to figure out all 500 billion billion combinations at checkers, but Canadian scientists have finally programmed a computer that can’t be beaten at the 5000-year-old game.
The achievement, reported in Science magazine, is considered a milestone in the development of artificial intelligence.
Called Chinook, the checkers champion computer is the brainchild of Jonathan Schaeffer and his team of computer wizards at the University of Alberta.
Completed in April, Chinook can never be beaten, and can only be tied at checkers if its opponent makes all the right moves, Mr Schaeffer said.
“I think we’ve raised the bar, and raised it quite a bit, in terms of what can be achieved in computer technology and artificial intelligence,” said Mr Schaeffer, who is chairman of the university’s department of computing science.
A self-described “awful” checkers player, Mr Schaeffer created Chinook to exploit the superior processing and memory capabilities of computers and determine the best way to incorporate artificial intelligence principles to play checkers.
He consulted the world’s top checkers players and over 18 years ran an average of 50 computers â€” with more than 200 running at peak times â€” daily to compute the knowledge necessary to complete Chinook, albeit with an interruption from 1997-2001.
The initial goal was to have Chinook conquer the world championship in checkers.
It entered in 1990, reached the finals in 1992 but lost, and in 1994 became the first computer to win.
Chinook has its own entry in Guinness World Records and remained undefeated until 1997 when it was “retired”.
But Mr Schaeffer resumed tweaking Chinook in 2001 to make it completely unbeatable at the board game.
At chess, computers have a long way to go â€” centuries scientists estimate â€” before they can handle the astronomical combinations required to master the game to the point of perfection.
Checkers boards have been found in Egyptian archaeological excavations.
STOP: 0×00000044 (parameter, parameter, parameter, parameter) MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
This is a Windows 2000 Executive character-mode STOP message. It indicates an attempt was made to complete an IRP (I/O request packet) more than once, possibly by more than one driver.
If this is the first time you have booted after installing new hardware, remove the hardware and boot again. Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with Windows 2000. For information about the hardware, contact the supplier. If you are installing Windows 2000 for the first time, check the Windows 2000 system requirements, including the amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system. Also, check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the system can run Windows 2000. If Windows 2000 is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, reboot with recovery options set to create a dump file. If the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you reboot. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk. If you do not have an Emergency Repair Disk, contact your technical support group.
In other words, SCREWED.
Okay it seems I have a never ending supply of gmail invites… or at least it has appeared that way. Anyone who wants one send me an email or post your name and email address and i’ll send you one.
I’m burning right through my Gmail invites and they keep giving me more! Thats right! I had 2, then 3, then 3, then 5 and I’m almost through the 5th of this last bunch.. Oh and I’ll never give one to any of you random internet people that keep emailing me about it.. I don’t know you so why do I care if you get the hook up or not. Peace, I’m out!
Oh and its kinda funny. I sent out an email across the board to see if anyone was interested at work. Sales people don’t know what it is or haven’t heard of it. And the tech people either already have it or have expressed interest.
Since we started our email filtering with Messages Labs on Friday (14May2004) through (17May2004 @ 03:59 PM) MessageLabs has caught (based on all mail sent to any @eden.com address)
97,000 Total messages scanned
81,660 SPAM messages (84% of total email)
5,117 Virus infected emails (5.27% or total)
You are currently using 1 MB (0%) of your 1000 MB.
As you may or may not noticed the layout has been changed again. I am now displaying Google ads on the left side of the screen. Excellent.
Since displaying these ads late last night my site has already generated 11 cents… so *hint*hint*
Woohoo! Thanks to blogger.com and google I have a new email address. It’s pretty easy to figure out.