Top 32 prospects
Top 300 prospects
The NFL Draft is slightly over 24 hours away and I would be lying if I said I’m not thinking about it. If I were to show you a pie with 10 slices. 8 of those slices are all thinking about the draft and who might my mighty falcons be able to select. 1 slice is thinking about tonight’s Lakers game against the Rockets. and another slice is just trying to get through today’s day at work.
Lots of things are going on. Eli Manning is threatening to sit out the season if the San Diego Chargers take him with the first pick in the draft. There’s rumors that the Giants might trade with San Diego. There is talks that Cleveland and Oakland could make a trade swapping first round picks. There could be a lot of trades in the top ten, but there might not be any.
The current top ten shakes out like this.
1. San Diego
4. NY Giants
The fact that I know that by memory should be proof enough that I have been thinking about this alot. I know that 11 is Pittsburgh and they want Phillip Rivers, I know that the Jets are at 12 and the Bills are at 13.
So using the Dennis Green philosophy (which basically he explained on Espn last night). He’s the coach for Arizona who picks third so his philosophy is that he needs to have three players he’s interested in taking at that pick. Everyone knows that Larry Fitzgerald is his target because Fitz used to be a ball boy for the Vikings when Green used to coach them, but in the scenario that he isn’t available with the 3rd pick he has 2 other players he wants.
Atlanta picks at #8. A lot depends on what the teams above them do (obviously) that will determine who is available for them and who they might take. So with this being said, here are the 8 players I would love to have in the order I would love to have them and based on current team needs.
1. Sean Taylor (FS, Miami) – No chance in hell he’s here with the 8th pick, but if he is.. it’s a no brainer.
2. DeAngelo Hall (CB, Virginia Tech) – Probably the fastest player in the draft. Potential shut down cornerback and Kick and Punt Return extraordinaire. Shades of Deion Sanders possibly.
3. Roy Williams (WR, Texas) – Fast, big, powerful. A dangerous weapon to add to an already dangerous offense.
4. Vince Wilfork (DT, Miami) – Huge plug very necessary to improve our league worst defense.
5. Robert Gallery (OT, Iowa) – Again, no chance he’ll be here with the 8th pick but I need 8 so, i’ve got to put down a few obvious needs. We could really really use him.
6. Tommie Harris (DT, Oklahoma) – Quick, Elusive and Mighty. I hope.
7. Jonathon Vilma (LB, Miami) or DJ Williams (LB, Miami) – Not sure which one is better but we could use an excellent outside linebacker to help the defense.
8. Kenechi Udeze (DE, USC) or Will Smith (DE, Ohio St) – I really don’t know which one is better but this is a position we need to get some young blood in.
With this being said, I’m really interested to see who might shake out and be available with the 8th pick.. but this draft is extrememly deep and I’m really looking forward to who we can steal in the later rounds. Especially the second round. I’ve seen a lot of mock drafts, but I can’t really speculate past the 8th pick cause so many things might happen.
You’ll know where I am all weekend.
Watching the DRAFT.
Click here to Track the Draft live